Where: King’s College London (Strand Campus)
All seminars commence at 17:15 and are on the Strand Campus of KCL. The seminars will be followed by a drinks reception and dinner – everyone is welcome to attend. For further information, please email the seminar organisers: Robin Mills and Robin Douglass.
- Monday 18th January, Barbara Taylor (Queen Mary, University of London), ‘Enlightenment and Solitude’, K.3.11
- Monday 1st February, Annelien de Dijn (Amsterdam), ‘The Complacent Enlightenment: Religion and Politics in Montesquieu’s Spirit of the Laws’, K3.11
- Monday 15th February, Thomas Ahnert (Edinburgh), ‘Religion and Human Nature in Scottish Enlightenment Debates’, Anatomy Lecture Theatre (K6.29)
- Monday 29th February, Silvia Sebastiani (EHESS, Paris), ‘Challenging the boundaries: Monboddo’s “History of the Species Man”’, Council Room (K2.29)
- Monday 14th March, John Robertson (Cambridge), ‘Sociability in sacred history 1650-1800’, Council Room, (K2.29)
- Monday 21st March, James Harris (St Andrews), ‘Hume and Jacobitism’, K3.11